Some of the simplest items in our home can cause great pain. Ovens, stovetops, candles and even kettles can be hazardous. Any item that gives off heat or has a flame, can lead to a burn – a red, painful and sometimes blistering burn.
Prevention is the goal!
Keep candles in a safe location and omit the need for open flame. Use larger candle holders so that the flame is enclosed. The battery-operated candles offer a very safe alternative. Be aware in the kitchen and don’t leave pots on the stovetop or in the oven unattended. Use heat resistant oven mitts, use a timer as a reminder, keep the temperatures set low. For a grease fire, put a lid on the pot or use a fire extinguisher – never use water on a grease fire!
If a burn does occur, apply cool water immediately and continue with cool water until the burning and pain diminishes. Usually takes about 20 to 45 minutes for a burn to subside.
If the burn is from an open flame, you must get to a hospital for treatment. This type of burn is much more severe and needs medical attention.
Stay happy my friends,
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.