First Aid Online Course
First aid is the assistance given to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury, with care provided to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and/or promote recovery.
It includes initial intervention in a serious condition prior to professional medical help being available, such as performing CPR while awaiting an ambulance, as well as the complete treatment of minor conditions, such as applying a bandage to a cut.
First aid is generally performed by the layperson, with many people trained in providing basic levels of first aid, and others willing to do so from acquired knowledge. Mental health first aid is an extension of the concept of first aid to cover mental health.
There are many situations which may require first aid, and many countries have legislation, regulation, or guidance which specifies a minimum level of first aid provision in certain circumstances.
In this course you will learn;
- First Aid treatment for conscious severe choking
- Recognize the warning signs of a heart attack then the first aid treatment
- First aid treatment for burns
- Safe use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Recognize the warning signs of a stroke then the first aid treatment
After you complete the course you can download a ‘Certificate of Completion”